imre is the agency that works, and we’re looking to add a Project Manager to our team of experts to support our healthcare marketing division, imre health.
imre health, a division of imre, is one of the fastest growing and most exciting agencies working in healthcare marketing today. The ideal candidate brings a wealth of agency or client-side experience, mastery of multi-channel program management, with an emphasis in the digital/social, and shares a mutual calling to improve the way that brands interact with consumer
As a leader within the agency, the Project Manager will be responsible for management of process, workflow, quality and ultimate delivery of cutting edge multi-channel marketing programs for our client partners.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the person we’re looking for brings a wealth of agency or client-side experience, mastery of integrated multi-channel program management in pharma, with an emphasis in digital/social activations, and shares a mutual calling to improve the way that healthcare brands interact with patients and healthcare providers. High energy and curiosity are key to driving proactive critical relationships and stimulate smart thinking among a multi-disciplinary internal team.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Shepherding multi-disciplinary internal teams through all facets of client programs including conception and initiation, planning, execution, performance/monitoring, and project close
- Developing and maintaining multiple project plans, including documentation of project scope, objectives, deliverables, key milestones, timelines, schedules, internal and external resources, project dashboards; providing regular status reports and progress updates to agency team and client stakeholders
- Partnering with agency account, creative and social/digital teams and key client stakeholders to identify and resolve program issues and resolve the most complex problems using strong social/digital and project management knowledge
- Ensuring the highest quality standards in all client deliverables
- Manage external resource partners as necessary
- Diligently working to identify process improvements related to program management including but not limited to briefing, workflow, communications and software platforms
- Approx. 5 years of program management experience in an agency or working with an agency in a client environment
- Healthcare related experience required
- Must demonstrates a strong understanding of social/digital marketing in the pharma/healthcare industry and a workable understanding of FDA regulations for advertising and digital promotions
- PMP certification is preferred
- Focuses efforts on achieving CLEAR objectives aligned to agency and client strategic imperatives.
- Embraces change in a fluid and agile manner; maintains an open mind and is flexible and adaptable in the face of ambiguity and change.
- Creates strong and effective internal partnerships and collaborates across the business; listens and values the opinions of others.
- Is an effective team member; supports the team by pitching in at any level and effectively working across the organization to meet the needs of the business.
- Takes ownership of personal actions and outcomes; encourages and empowers others to do the same.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Monitors and pursues upward and lateral growth opportunities to enhance expertise and drive career development.
Normal office environment, where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, or smoke.
imre is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs. imre does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all terms and conditions of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.