Assistant Director, Communications
Assistant Director, Communications
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts (LCPA) serves three primary roles: it is the world’s leading presenter of superb artistic programming, is a national leader in arts education and community relations, and functions as the manager of the Lincoln Center campus. LCPA presents over 350 performances annually throughout our different performance series including American Songbook, Great Performers, Live from Lincoln Center, Mostly Mozart Festival, Midsummer Night Swing, Lincoln Center Out of Doors and White Light Festival.
- Develop and manage media plans for classical music series and institutional programs. These could include the Mostly Mozart Festival, White Light Festival, Great Performers, Live From Lincoln Center and institutional and educational assignments
- Collaborate with staff towards implementing cross channel communications strategy
- Write, proofread, and edit communications material
- Secure placements in print, television, radio, as well as digital and social media, including preview, review, op-eds, and listings coverage
- Proactively coordinate with the other internal teams on a variety of matters that intersect with communications
- Monitor photographers and TV crews at events
- Proactively cultivate a wide variety of traditional, new media and in-house contacts
- Assist with press/social duty at performances and special events
- Track and report campaign activity to internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with social media unit to plan and develop content for specific projects
- Support efforts of the overall department, working collaboratively and in a team environment
- Liaise with appropriate colleagues in Lincoln Center departments
- 6+ years of experience in communications, cultural communications experience, entertainment industry and/or not-for-profit sector; or, extensive experience working in an industry or institution that presents similar complexities and challenges
- Deep knowledge of the classical music and arts & culture industry and media
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Superb verbal communication skills
- Results-oriented with a successful track record in managing and executing media campaigns across all channels, including digital
- Experience leveraging multimedia assets for press placements
- Proven track record with news media/event-oriented media
- Passion for the performing arts required
- Ability to work in deadline-oriented, multi-tasking and team environment essential
- Ability to work nights and weekends at events and performances
- Strong copy-editing skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements). Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Please list: Assistant Director, Communications in the subject line.
Internal candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Apply for Assistant Director, Communications
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly