Customer Insights Manager
Customer Insights Manager is a Business Intelligence Manager working to formulate the analytical frameworks and provide the technical rigor to drive pivotal business decisions. In close partnership with Marketing and Sales leadership, the data scientist identifies the fundamental questions we need to ask and have ownership over the data-driven means of addressing them. This role requires long-term specialization in three domains: (1) Data Collection and Analysis, (2) Data Interpretation and Engagement Recommendations, and (3) Market Research.
Data Collection and Analysis
- Design and Implement statistical tools to uncover insights and provide program recommendations
- Collaborate with Digital Team to design metrics and data collection regarding response and engagement with all digital assets across key audiences. This could include target’s internet search behaviors and event engagement
- Collaborate with IT teams to identify system requirements for data collection and analysis
- Segmenting customers by behaviors and sharing engagement recommendation with Sales, Solutions and other key stakeholders
- Leading efforts to accurately define customer/target behavior and trends
Data Interpretation and Engagement Recommendations
- Empower data-driven decision-making across the org by defining analytical frameworks to guide key business decisions; develop and maintain dashboards to provide visibility into relevant metrics
- Utilize cutting-edge statistical/machine learning techniques to build models furthering the org’s understanding of and ability to predict consumer behavior
- Conduct hands-on analysis of customer and campaign data using analytical and statistical modeling techniques to measure customer churn and engagement.
- Provide marketing team with design of and recommendations for developing testing parameters for A/B Testing.
- Analyzing growth in ScanSource brand awareness and comparing how awareness relates to trends in word-of-mouth about the company
- Modeling drivers of customer retention using data analysis
- Make recommendations to refining marketing attribution and media mix modeling tools
- Generates new insights that capture the needs and experiences of customers/end-users/shoppers in order to identify opportunities within the organization's markets.
- Synthesizes insights and market data from a variety of sources to identify and anticipate market segment behavior.
- Designs and coordinates market research studies to fill gaps in relevant available business data
- Vice President, Global Marketing
- Interfaces with IT, Sales Leadership and Marketing Leadership
- Interfaces with Global/NA Marketing Team
- 3-5 years of predictive modeling experience utilizing CRM or high level transaction information
- A BS in a relevant technical field
- Experience with and at least moderate aptitude in programming languages such as R, Python, SQL, SAS, or SPSS
- Competency with relevant statistical analytics design tools
- Experience with statistical and/or ML modeling techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide-range of audiences
- Comfort working on open-ended problems with limited guidance
- Strong data intuition and ability to think probabilistically
- Ability to devise data-driven solutions to business problems
- Strategic planning and program development skills a plus.
- Relationship building skills a must
- Experience with marketing loyalty programs, email, direct mail, and digital marketing a plus
ScanSource, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer