Copywriter - Agency Temp/Temp
Location: New York, NY
The web copywriter will write, edit and fact check all copy for digital content including videos, blog posts, newsletter headlines, social media and transcripts. The ideal candidate will have expertise in WordPress along with SEO- and SMO-headline writing for music, entertainment, news and sports content. The candidate's responsibilities will include: transcribing video captions; writing photo captions, blog posts, social media posts, and newsletter headlines; editing homepage billboard copy, social media posts, video chyrons, video end cards and special projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write and edit web copy across multiple platforms.
- Website, newsletter, video captions, photo captions and social media content.
- Write SEO- and SMO-friendly headlines for web, social, video and newsletter.
- Ensure all digital content is optimized for best SEO search results.
- Write various versions of headlines for multiple digital platforms.
- Help create SXM Digital style guide.
- Work across department to compile style guide.
- Continually update style guide.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 3+ years of experience in editing pop culture content.
- Expertise in SEO- and SMO-headline writing and copy editing.
- Social media expertise with understanding of best practices.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Basic video editing skills a plus.
- Adobe Premiere and Photoshop knowledge a plus.
- WordPress and CMS experience.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.