- Full Time
Media & Information Services, a MSI Information Services company, is the premier media & services company serving the school and public library market. With three iconic brands—Library Journal, School Library Journal and The Horn Book—Media & Information Services provides the news, reviews and professional development that library professionals need to succeed. In addition to our print journals, digital editions and premium digital content, Media & Information Services offers industry events, online courses, data services, and research to a growing community of over 200,000 global librarians.
We are looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to join our growing team.
Are you a strategic thinker and digital marketer looking for an opportunity to make an impact and inspire a passion for reading, lifelong learning and supporting the missions of libraries? If you are detail and deadline focused, dream in acronyms such as SEO, SEM, PPC, and thrive on change and innovation, then this could be the career move for you. The DMM will spearhead the development and execution of strategies for SEO, social, paid advertising (remarketing, PPC, paid & organic social, social audience targeting), create multi-channel content marketing campaigns that develop audiences for our products, properties and channels, ideate strategies for driving digital conversion, and measure KPIs.
Reporting directly to the SVP of Marketing, the DMM will work closely with the Director of Marketing Communication on data segmentation, event marketing, sales enablement, design, and KPI reporting.
- Spearhead the strategy and execution to drive traffic to websites through SEO/SEM, organic social media, and paid advertising (paid search, paid social, remarketing)
- Manage the online customer journey/audience development for community, newsletters, events/PD, and subscriptions to influence customer conversions. Create a communication pathways (onsite messaging, parallel messaging on other channels) and multi-channel digital and content marketing campaigns to move the customer down the marketing funnel fostering the creation of online profiles and conversion from free to premium content user.
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders to create a content calendar as the foundation for multi-channel digital & content marketing campaigns for products, services and events across the M&IS brands. Conceptualize and manage all components of campaign development, implementation and measurement and ensure that all communications efforts are working together in harmony.
- Manage all house ads—print and online (Blueconic, Double Click) and process for fulfilling customer-purchased Facebook ads
- Define, monitor and report on content-related and marketing metrics related to web performance, content performance and campaign performance, including web traffic, search engine optimization, time on site, eCommerce conversion rates, social sentiment and engagement, etc.
- Recommend strategies on emerging digital channels & technologies
- 3-5 years of digital marketing experience, preferably with a media brand
- Strategic and creative thinker that draws key insights from data to create the best marketing solution for a particular business line in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience with technologies and methodologies in SEO, advertising, social, marketing automation, etc. (Microsoft Dynamics, Blueconic, Double Click, Act-on, Hippo, Magento, etc.); proficiency in social media platforms and Google Analytics.
- Sharp, analytical mind with strong communication skills, impeccable writing skills and a creative touch and a flare for innovation
- Self-starter, ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment, with ability to seamlessly move between creative strategy, planning, and project execution
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment; Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Media publishing or educational industry marketing experience a plus.
School Library Journal: More than 100,000 librarians who work with students in public and school libraries read School Library Journal. Each monthly issue of SLJ includes reviews of children's and young adult books, audio, and multimedia products, as well as news, features, and columns that deliver the perspective, resources, and leadership tools necessary for its readers to become indispensable players in their schools and libraries.
Founded in 1876, Library Journal is one of the oldest and most respected publications covering the library field. Over 100,000 library directors, administrators, and staff in public, academic, and special libraries ready LJ. In its twenty annual issues, LJ reviews nearly 7,000 books, and provides coverage of technology, management, policy, and other professional concerns.
The Horn Book:
First published in 1924, the Horn Book Magazine provides its readership with in-depth reviews of the best new books for children and young adults as well as features, articles, and editorials in each issue. The Horn Book Guide provides comprehensive coverage of the world of children’s books. Published twice annually, each issue gives a review and a numerical rating for every hardcover children’s book published in the United States.