The Detroit Office of NBC Owned Television Stations is seeking to fill the position of Account Manager whose responsibilities would include, but not limited to growing revenue across the Eleven NBC Owned Television Stations, their Digital Stations and Web sites, the seven Comcast Regional Sports Networks, the New England Cable News Channel and select out of home platforms through the development and sale of creative advertising solutions for clients.
- The Account Executive will be required to learn and understand our products and have consultative selling skills to develop solutions to meet client needs and close business for the NBC Owned Television Stations, the 7 Comcast SportsNet Regional Networks, NECN and their digital platforms and select Out Of Home platforms. Revenue, account relationship building, customer satisfaction, product knowledge and implementation success are key responsibilities.
- Aggressively sell, package, and close business with advertisers.
- Take the lead in creating and solving advertiser problems by packaging schedules that meet the needs of our customers.
- Maintain a high profile within the Detroit Media Community by continuously meeting with buyers, planners, supervisors, direct advertisers and new business prospects.
- Identify and help develop strategies to help key accounts and prospects grow their business.
- Provide input and assessments to sales management to drive improvements in sales strategy and execution.
- Effectively prospect, maintain an opportunity pipeline, and forecasting revenue.
- Be a collaborative and positive member of the NBC Sales Team.
- Minimum 5 years in Major Market TV media sales/sales management, preferably in the Detroit advertising market
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to travel as needed within the Outstate Michigan and Ohio regional sales territory (must have a valid driver’s license)
- Must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Prior experience selling major market television advertising to major accounts and advertising agencies, preferably in the Detroit advertising market
- Quantifiable success in sports sponsorships, non-RFP business and Digital sales.
- Quantifiable success in achieving revenue goals
- Demonstrated ability to provided creative customer solutions and create value
- Demonstrated skill with Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.com
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate within a sales-marketing-research environment.
- Professional maturity, integrity, discipline and a positive attitude
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills - creation and delivery
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet aggressive deadlines, and execute on agreed upon sales metrics
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Experience selling Hispanic television
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.