Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBC Universal’s Telemundo Owned and Operated Television station in Las Vegas, KBLR Telemundo Las Vegas is looking for an Investigative/Consumer Reporter. This position will report to the Executive Producer and News Director.
• Gathering news information and preparing presentation for air, on line and for social media
• Will write news stories on a daily basis for station’s newscasts, recorded programs and/or other live, station broadcasts – either in the studio or out on location as needed
• Will work with producers and news managers on developing, researching, investigating, writing, producing and presenting consumer and investigative stories as needed.
• Presents completed news stories that are accurate, journalistically sound, fair and balanced.
• Will report live during newscasts and breaking news as needed, either in studio or out in the field.
• Will coordinate, organize, conduct and video-record interviews
• Will develop on-going “sweeps” and “special series” stories.
• Represents Telemundo in community related events.
• Builds relationships with community and contacts for developing story leads.
• BA or BS in Journalism or related field
• At least three years of television reporting, writing and live reporting experience
• Excellent writer and communicator in Spanish.
• Enterprise reporting required.
• Consumer and Investigative reporting experience preferred.
• Experience in partnering with legal team and working knowledge of federal, state and local laws impacting operations and story production as they relate to consumer, investigation and undercover news content.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com.
• Must be willing to work in Las Vegas and able to travel as needed.
• Must be willing to work extended hours, varying shifts (including nights, weekends and holidays) and report to work in emergencies depending on news coverage when required.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
• Must be completely fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write).
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable).
• Must accept Solutions, as NBCUniversal’s Dispute resolution program.
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process.
• Previous experience as an investigative and consumer reporter.
• Strong knowledge of journalistic ethics and libel laws.
• Excellent Spanish, reading, writing and speaking.
• Strong English, reading, writing and speaking.
• Strong desire to be a consumer/viewer advocate.
• Strong journalistic integrity.
• High competitive nature.
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines.
• Problem solver skills.
• Creative thinker with strong sense of community involvement for unique story ideas.
• Strong writing skills with ability to connect on an emotional level.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary.
About Telemundo Station Group:
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 26 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 15,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves the largest Hispanic television markets in the country including Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco Bay Area, Phoenix, Harlingen, Orlando, Fresno, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Diego, Tampa, Denver, El Paso, Boston, Las Vegas, Tucson, Hartford, Fort Myers, Springfield, Richmond and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, a national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 50 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.