Product Marketing Manager
Assists other Product Managers in executing the strategic product plan to meet stated budget objectives for an optimal customer experience. This includes but is not limited to the product roadmap, product launches, key messaging and positioning, strategic areas of focus for marketing and recommended pricing and campaign strategy.
Serves as the product expert and acts as the champion for products within the regional field and national organizations. Provides regional Product Marketing support; Center directs marketing plans and approaches for product and Product Marketing Manager ensures plan is implemented.
Key responsibilities include: gathering market feedback and latest competitive product information, product planning and launches, influencing marketing strategy to meet local market needs, recommend product sales training, product support and results reporting and analysis.
- Implements and assists with the development of strategic and tactical marketing programs to ensure that the system achieves revenue, net gain and margin contribution goals.
- Supports management with annual budget preparation and monitoring of operational expenditures through analysis of product, acquisition and retention program performance.
- Works closely with all Marketing teams to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing plans and tactics in meeting product strategy objectives.
- Manages operational execution process to ensure that marketing plans are implemented successfully. Coordinates with local Field and Channel, Campaign Management and Competitive Playbook Marketing Teams to ensure that marketing plans are optimized for effectiveness and efficiency and delivered with a unified message to existing and potential customers.
- Collaborates with other departments, particularly Sales, to ensure program effectiveness and to identify areas of opportunity to drive added revenue.
- Executes marketing plan set forth by center product marketing.
- Works with local engineering/operations and center product/operations management in the deployment of new products and enhancements including program launches, etc.
- Ensures the necessary local market legal/regulatory policies are in place for local product deployments.
- Collaborates with Center Product Marketing, Center Product Development and Center Pricing and Analytics, as well as local system functional teams e.g., Finance, Engineering, Sales, Field Service, Care, IT, Training and PR.
- Executes pricing changes as necessary including the annual rate action plans and customer notifications.
- Analyzes and reports market performance to ensure optimal PSU growth and maximize revenue generation.
- Accesses, researches and analyzes consumer behavior information to determine trends and identify opportunities for customer growth.
- Analyses inventory report for CPE inventory versus current and projected usage e.g., strategy and tactics for local market CPE swap-outs.
- Maintains a safe work environment and complies with all safety policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervision Reports to Director Product Marketing
- 7+ years of experience in related field (marketing, business administration, project management) or MBA and 5+ years experience in related field.
- Proficient analytical skills with ability to think strategically and develop comprehensive detailed tasks and processes.
- Experience developing pricing strategies and market assessments and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to launch products and services efectively and on time across a large customer base.
- Demonstrated exceptional verbal, written, presentation and organizational skills to articulate market vision and detailed tactical elements.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a fast paced,multiple priority, deadline driven work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in cross-functional groups and achieves results in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated ability to perfect the customer experience.
- BS/BA highly desired. MBA preferable, but not necessary.
- 2+ years in a management role.
- Experience in telecommunications industry.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Phoenix-1550 W Deer Valley Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: 2018-08-24