Established in 2018 by Michael Bloomberg, the New Economy Forum seeks to build a community of leaders to engage in real conversations - leading to actionable solutions - about the critical challenges facing a world economy in the throes of a historic transition. The inaugural Forum will be held in Beijing on November 6-8, 2018, and will cover a range of topics, including global economic management, trade and investment, technology, urbanization, capital markets, climate change and inclusion.
The Program Director, Andrew Browne, oversees the creation, management, and execution of all editorial activities on the New Economy Forum - including the conference program and content, as well as the Bloomberg NEF news website and associated Bloomberg Media content across platforms. We are seeking an Editorial Assistant for a temporary 3 month assignment to support the Program Director and NEF editorial operations.
- Support the Program Director with day to day administrative tasks, projects, and planning
- Arrange and take notes of meetings for the NEF Program Director
- Research and create briefs for the Program / NEF Editorial team about potential speakers and news topics
- Draft emails and manage correspondence and invitation follow-ups for the NEF Program Director
- Support the creation, maintenance, and frequent updating of NEF programming materials, including agenda, program descriptions, and event website
- Ensure close coordination with the rest of the NEF team on the invitations, confirmations, tracking and briefing of speakers
- This role requires someone who is confident, intellectually curious, with exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Pro-active and collaborative approach to problem-solving in dynamic environment
- Clear, professional verbal and written communications skills
- Understanding of journalistic principles and interest in world affairs and New Economy issues a plus
- Time: Starting immediately, ending November 16
- No travel, but support could include occasional evening hours or earlier morning hours for international phone meetings
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.