Editor of Resumes
- Full Time
Are you looking for a job where you make a difference on a daily basis? Do you have a passion for editing and helping people?
Your Edge for Success YES LLC is looking for you! We need a full-time, in-house editor to join our resume-writing team. YES provides comprehensive, personalized services to help make people's dreams come true. Our exceptional team is the reason YES is DC metro’s top-rated writing and career coaching company on Yelp, Angie’s List, Google, and the Better Business Bureau.
- (5%) Verify that the writers have met the standards required of them and if not, send the drafts back to them for correction.
- (43%) Edit resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile drafts written by YES’s trained resume writers. Provide evaluation and coaching to writers to improve their skills.
- (42%) Edit resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles based on client input.
- (5%) You may at times also write resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles. In this case, you will work with clients via Internet to come up with additional quantified accomplishments and other details to include on resume (after they have filled out an extensive form). You will then draft documents for assigned clients in all career fields, incorporating keywords from job listings for which they will apply.
- (5%) Help answer the phones.
- Follow YES templates and instructions precisely.
- You will be trained, mentored, and supervised by award-winning writer President Katherine Metres Akbar.
- You will work closely with our full-time resume writer.
- You will not supervise anyone.
- You can be promoted to senior editor in the future when we need a second full-time editor.
- Stellar editing and writing skills
- At least one year of full-time equivalent experience as an editor with final review responsibilities before going to print or sending deliverables to clients
- Superior attention to detail and ability to follow directions
- Professional interpersonal communication skills and coachability
- Team player mentality
- Top organizational skills and reliability
- Strong knowledge of MS Word
- Willingness to commit to working with us for at least one year
- Willingness to commute to our Alexandria, VA office, which is accessible by car and bus
- Experienced in crafting resumes and cover letters that get interviews
- Understanding of Washington-area employment sectors (government, government contracting, IT, PR, lobbying, associations, etc.)
- You will be part of a small, family-run business that is, in the words of a recent employee, “very rewarding” to work in.
- You will have a role of key importance.
- You will make a difference in people’s lives every day and feel amazing when you help us earn a five-star review from a grateful client who got a job with your help.
- You will become a world-class editor with constant practice and regular training.
- We have our own public speaking club in which we get to practice and learn more about each other.
- We enjoy quarterly team-building outings, such as nature picnics, Escape Room adventures, and your choice.
- Please see our website, yeswriting.com, for more information about the company. No calls, please.
- Submit targetted cover letter addressed to Ms. Katherine Akbar, president of Your Edge for Success LLC, and resume as soon as possible.
Your Edge for Success YES LLC has a diverse staff with roots in Africa, Europe, and West Asia—not to mention a beagle. We would love to add new forms of diversity to the staff.