Commerce Associate - TODAY Digital
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
TODAY Digital, the multi-platform arm of America’s favorite morning show, is looking for a Commerce Associate to help grow the e-commerce business across TODAY.com and NBC News. In this position you will work closely with the Director of Commerce to identify new opportunities for growth and optimize current affiliate efforts. You will also help coordinate commerce initiatives between the audience development, business development, analytics, legal, ad sales and marketing teams. The associate will be responsible for pulling and analyzing commerce data, managing relationships with affiliate networks and merchants, and handling any special projects or tests. The ideal candidate will have some experience in business development or business strategy, experience with commerce a plus. He/she should be able to use data and analytics to identify new opportunities and should have a good grasp of trends in the industry.
Job Description:Pull and analyze e-commerce reports, track metrics Manage and establish new affiliate partnershipsManage and establish new merchant relationshipsWork closely with the ad sales team to identify new advertising opportunities and execute on the commerce arm of ad plansHelp execute on new partners and push contracts through legal Help identify industry trends and areas for opportunity for TODAYParticipate in regular editorial meetings and broadcast meetingsCollaborate with channel editors and show producers to develop commerce opportunities and identify pain pointsWork with the audience development team and the business development team to optimize commerce strategy to increase conversionsOptimize posts based on affiliate partnerships and commerce opportunities
• Minimum of 1 years experience in business development, business strategy or ecommerce strategy
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news. Schedules can rotate, but must be able to work all shifts, including weekends and overnights. Must be able to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice, if needed.
• Experience in ecommerce or affiliate marketing a plus
• Experience working with legal departments & contracts a plus
• Attention to detail
• Ability to manage many different tasks at once
• Strong understanding of data and analytics
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work across multiple teams
• Knowledge of affiliate marketing platforms including Skimlinks, Amazon, Linkshare and Rakuten a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.