WHBQ/FOX13 Memphis is looking for its next Creative Services Writer/Producer. Applicants must be a non-linear editing wizard, preferably Adobe Premiere, along with being highly skilled in social media, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.This creative individual will be responsible for writing and editing on-air news topical promotion, series and image that will drive home our local investigative news and weather brands.You’ll also be producing and posting promotional elements for our digital platforms to entice and recruit our TV station followers.We want an out of the box, creative thinker with a passion to produce market leading videos and promos!In addition to your creative prowess, you’ll need excellent verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to work with multiple departments on multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.Minimum one-year experience in news broadcasting is required and applicant needs to be proficient on both the Mac and PC platform along with having college degree.
• Write compelling topical news promos for television and social media which engage users and motivate viewers to watch.
• Write and Produce Targeted Special Report Promos (TSRs), Proof of Brand (POBs) and Image campaigns.
• Hands-on non-linear video editor, preferably Adobe Premiere and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Applied knowledge of social media and digital platforms.
• Create compelling promotion spots, customized for each platform
• Work closely and collaborate with news producers, on-air talent, reporters, photographers in the field, and other Creative Services Writer/Producer/Editors.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Collaborate and thrive in a competitive teamwork-driven creative department.
• Be able to problem solve and make quick decisions.
• Knowledge of Mac and Windows platforms.
• After Effects experience preferred
• Minimum one year in a Broadcast News environment utilizing writing and social media skills as well as hands-on, non-linear editing equipment.
• Handle multiple deadlines at one time.
• Ability to collaborate with others in a creative environment.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-TN-Memphis-485 S Highland St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing