Salesforce Specialist (Contractor)
- Full Time
DEPARTMENT: Product Development
STATUS: Contractor (2- years)
The Salesforce Specialist is responsible for leading the development and management of Interactive products across current and emerging marketing technology platforms. The Specialist will maximize the quality and impact of digital service offerings with the intention of helping PBS deliver on its mission.
Essential duties will include, but not limited to:
- Manages Salesforce database to ensure data integrity best practices, implement system enhancements and maintain integration between online and offline systems.
- Acts as lead Data Administrator and internal liaison with all levels of staff and management regarding systems integration and any training on technology tools as related to the Salesforce environment.
- Work alongside Director, Product Management Digital Fundraising to define the product strategy and 18-month roadmap for assigned product(s) and periodically communicates these roadmaps to customer groups.
- Work closely with various customer constituencies to identify business priorities and cross-platform opportunities for correlating improvements to other products and services.
- Assists internal PBS staff and member stations with problems relating to Salesforce system.
- Supports leadership team in reporting needs that impact the development and implementation of strategic plans that further Salesforce-related features and functions.
- Provides internal framework recommendations for Salesforce data to guarantee proper tracking and reporting of related metrics.
- Improves upon existing processes and design and implement new processes to automate manual tasks, eliminate paper intensive processes, and create intelligent, efficient, repeatable and consistent procedures. Documents all relevant policies and procedures.
- Monitors database and system upgrades and manages any issues that may arise from upgrades.
- Remains current on new database trends, features and technologies.
Requirements for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or technology discipline.
- Salesforce experience required.
- High level of proficiency in constituent relationship management (CRM) systems (e.g., Salesforce, Blackbaud or similar).
- Minimum of two years’ experience with CRM and database management.
- Experience working with a product organization and/or product team.
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple functional disciplines (including management, users, content producers, member stations, engineering, QA and operations) to insure the on-time delivery of project.
- Self-directed, performance-oriented individual who has demonstrated initiative and achievement of goals.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, engaging interpersonal skills and able to converse effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong sense of fundraising ethics and respect for confidentiality of donor information and intent.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously and to work calmly under pressure of goals and deadlines.
- Ability to develop plans, capture and analyze data, summarize findings and implement initiatives.
- Strong technical troubleshooting, QA (quality assurance) and solution testing skills.
Other Preferred Skills:
- Experience or familiarity with managing a product across all phases of its lifecycle, from conception through business plan development, requirements gathering, development, QA, launch, and user testing is strong encouraged but not a required.
- Familiarity with e-newsletter services (i.e. Mailchimp, Eloqua, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Experience with database management for non-profit fundraising or program management preferred.
- Experience with database platform migration and technology transformation preferred.
- Major TV media industry experience strongly preferred.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities