Director, Media Planning & Pricing
Director of Media Planning and Pricing will manage the Dow Jones planning and pricing team with
personnel spanning coast to coast. The role requires a deep understanding of digital sales planning,
an unmatched commitment to team development, strong attention to detail, and an analytical
approach to digital media.
- Serve as the Director, Media Planning and Pricing for the Dow Jones’ suite of sites and apps
- including Wall Street Journal, MarketWatch, Barron’s, and more.
- Manage and mentor a team of planning managers, planners and associate planners that are
- responsible for thoughtfully addressing the client's needs and objectives during the RFP and
- post-sale process
- Proactively develop media packages for new platform or enhanced opportunities; consult
- with sales and client services on pricing and new package development
- Partner with revenue operations to understand products and seasonal inventory trends, and
- make recommendations and updates to packages, rates and inventory to maximize revenue.
- Develop, enhance and communicate business best practices allowing team to fluidly
- navigate pricing, packaging, and negotiations on a per plan basis
- Coordinate with Executive Director, Strategic Planning & Delivery to optimize pre and post-
- sale processes for our most strategically important, high-touch/highest value clients
- Implement new processes, optimize existing resources, and constantly educate planning
- team on new industry trends and challenges
- Foster a fast-paced culture that thrives on flawless delivery of digital campaigns
- Utilize data and analytics to drive positive outcomes for clients and increase renewal rates
- 5-10 years working within an online advertising operations or agency planning team
- Experience managing a staff
- Experience using one or more internet ad serving system and order management systems
- (i.e. DFP/DSM, Operative, 24/7, Adtech, OAS, etc.) preferred
- Strong analytical, strategic and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in person, over email and on the phone
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented and highly motivated
- Strong computer applications skills (Excel, Word, Access)
- BA/BS College degree preferred
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: REVENUE - MEDIA
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com