SUPERVISING PRODUCER- Relocate to Beijing
China Global Television Network, or CGTN, is China’s new international media organization. It was launched by the national broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV) on December 31, 2016.
By launching CGTN, we want to re-brand our product to the world, to cope with the global trend in media convergence.
CGTN English is the flagship channel. The strategy, “Mobile first”, aims to fulfill the demands of global viewers and users for easier access to content on different platforms.
With an international team of professionals from more than 70 countries and regions, CGTN is an investment in the future of news media.
We are seeking a Supervising Producer to oversee during any one shift the output of our news programming at CGTN’s global headquarters in Beijing.
- Manage a team of producers and work closely with writers, on-air talent, the news desk, creative and studio staff to deliver distinctive news bulletins that fulfills CGTN’s ambitions and mission.
- Play an active role in the news leadership team, working closely with the Managers of Output and Input to make key editorial decisions and define the wider channel strategy.
- Establish the workflow for a dynamic production team.
- Cultivate a collaborative approach to both Newsgathering and Output by working closely with teams engaged in both the gathering and delivery of news.
- Demonstrate a wiliness to embrace the digital world and all content delivery platforms.
- Ensuring that CGTN’s editorial and style guidelines and values are adhered to.
- Flexible and able to work a shift pattern to fulfill the needs of a 24 hour news organization.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 8 + years experience in television news at a senior level, including outputting live programs and television news production.
- Previous experience in a large national or international broadcast news channel.
- Experience of newsroom production systems and desktop editing.
- Team management experience.
- Experience of or appreciation of cross-platform working.
- A strong grasp of international affairs, with a deep interest in China and other APAC countries.
- Evidence of a broad range of journalistic interests including social affairs, public policy, world business and economic affairs, Sciences and the Arts.
- Fluent English Speaker. Familiarity with Mandarin Chinese a plus.
Salary Package is negotiable depending on individual candidate.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume with “SUPERVISING PRODUCER” in the subject line.