Senior Vice President, Global Content, E! News
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Global Head of Content, E! News will be a seasoned and highly accomplished leader in the business of pop culture, entertainment and lifestyle. He/She will be responsible for all coverage and content output across E! News’ multiple consumer touchpoints, including TV, online and mobile. The successful candidate will be an astute leader and manager and a creative powerhouse and ambassador to the E! News brand in Hollywood and beyond.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee and manage all content creation for E! News overseeing a team of 100+ editorial writers, journalists, reporters, producers, correspondents and hosts across linear, O&O digital, distributed media and social platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat and Twitter.
• Evolve the E! News brand and content filter to adapt to audience patterns and create clear consumer and trade offerings; continuously optimize and elevate the brand globally via cutting edge coverage and consumer experience
• Oversee creative strategy and planning, and all production for E! News including category and content coverage, story development and scripting; proactively lead new story development and creative ways of producing highly engaging content.
• Identify and establish relationships with top talent in Hollywood and the pop culture space, and oversee development of key franchises, segments and editorial initiatives
• Continue to spearhead business shift to native editorial and custom content creation and work closely with NBCUniversal ad sales and client partnership to develop innovative and highly customized yet organic branded content initiatives. Work closely with Sales and effectively communicate our content strategy and value to our top clients as needed.
• Champion adoption of custom research and leverage insights and analytics to drive coverage and storytelling and create impactful consumer experiences across all media channels and platforms
• Work closely with all internal partners including marketing, research, strategy, technology, legal, ad sales and foster a culture of collaboration and excellence
• Continuously evaluate and develop team members and set high bar for news coverage, storytelling and general creative output and internal / external presentation of the E! News brand, including its talent and anchors
• Act as E! News’ ambassador to the community; develop and foster strong relationships with internal and external constituencies, publicists, celebrities and major pop-culture / entertainment influencers
The Global Head of Content, E! News will be highly passionate about all things pop-culture and display outstanding news and editorial instincts commensurate with E! News’ passionate viewer and fan base. He/She will be a creative visionary with strong management skills and versatile expertise across many editorial genres and platforms. This person will be an intelligent and forward-thinking media executive who sets high level standards for both content output and overall performance.
• Minimum of 10 or more years of experience in increasingly responsible managerial editorial / content creation / programming / production positions in organizations where excellent performance and employee management skills have been emphasized
• Proven success in the areas of editorial management, content production and creation across TV, print or digital, social / distributed media audience engagement and a high instinct for and ability in breaking news coverage and ongoing story development and treatment, especially in entertainment / pop culture genres
• Outstanding editorial judgment and creative abilities, with emphasis on daily series / show production and story development
• Ability to build, mentor and retain an outstanding, high performing team providing inspiring leadership on multiple levels— thought leadership, operational / editorial excellence, performance orientation and collaborative leadership throughout the E! News organization
• Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
• Extensive ties to the entertainment landscape including top talent, agents, talent managers, publicists and general pop culture / entertainment / lifestyle influencers and trendsetters
• Ability to think creatively and strategically to successfully mediate and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally
• Willingness to challenge conventional wisdom and champion bold ideas that map to the changing media landscape and consumer behavior
• A lifelong learner who is not afraid what he/she doesn’t know
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
E! is the only global, multiplatform brand for all things entertainment, pop culture and lifestyle. We eat, sleep and breathe pop culture, delivering exclusive breaking news and in-depth celebrity coverage, red carpet livestreams, TV scoop, lifestyle trends and tips, and what's trending in pop culture now. E! News' innovative, original video production capabilities include our Emmy-nominated E! Live 360 red carpet app experience; the first fully-produced and popular show for Snapchat, The Rundown; engaging, informative and fun Instastories on Instagram; and a lineup of studio-based productions created for social platforms like Facebook and Twitter Live. Our linear TV shows E! News and Daily Pop air in more than 150 countries, with 110 million viewers worldwide in 26 languages.
E! News has an unparalleled reach across all digital platforms and is the go-to destination to connect with young, influential, trendsetting consumers—anytime, anywhere—on subjects they care about. E! is the No. 1 Red Carpet destination with millennials, W18-49, and 88% of fans are watching LIVE!
E! News is the leading daily pop culture show, featuring the biggest and most-talked about stories of the day. Hosted by Jason Kennedy and Giuliana Rancic, E! News covers the day’s hottest topics in pop culture and entertainment in a fast-paced, social and entertaining way tailored to a young, hyper-connected audience. Airing in more than 160 countries, E! News boasts the youngest and most affluent viewership and is the only truly cross platform pop culture brand with a monthly reach of 80MM+ people across linear and digital in the U.S. alone, and over a billion engagements per month.