The Hispanic Information and Telecommunications Network (HITN), established in 1981, is the leading Spanish-language non-commercial, Media Company that offers educational and cultural programming to more than 44 million households across the United States. No other Hispanic focused organization combines the power of media and technology to empower Hispanics throughout the country.
HITN’s mission is to advance the educational, cultural and socio-economic aspirations of U.S. Hispanics by connecting families, educators and community-based organizations to high-quality entertainment and educational resources via our national non-commercial, Emmy nominated television network, community outreach and award winning educational app-based technology products.
Documentary Producer – Brooklyn, New York
HITN seeks a Part-time (up to 30 hours per week) Documentary Producer who will work on the project for planning HITN’s 40th Anniversary Gala happening in 2021:
- The role requires archival research and storyline development with deep narrative for a short format documentary.
- This position is also responsible for hosting, setting up and performing video shoots on and off site. Storyboard presentations and the ability to carry a project through a three year production term closing date for 1st phase: April 2019
- The role requires creative writing, energy and dynamism. Passion for the world of visual media and narrative storytelling. Sound judgment and excellent communication skills
- The candidate should have a high-level knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud Editing Suite, After Effects, file-based production workflows, on camera interview techniques, well as camera technology, lighting and audio
- Seasonal documentary producer with at least 7 years of combined experience in traditional broadcasting, online and indie outlets
- Ability to recognize valuable images throughout vast amounts of pictures and footage (40 years’ worth of material)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Master’s Degree a plus
- Ability to communicate and present ideas to Executive Producer(s)
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English (spoken and written)
- Ability/disposition to follow/agree on ideas presented by Executive Producer(s)
Please send your cover letter, resume and links to your website.
Equal Opportunity Employer – No Discrimination Based on Gender, Minority Status, Disability, Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, or Veteran Status. All Encouraged to Apply.