Junior Designer, Dow Jones
- Full Time
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly expanding marketing, creative and demand gen team at Dow Jones - a leading news, data and information powerhouse.
We are looking for a Junior Creative Designer to produce digital and print creative solutions to drive our B2B marketing plans. The Junior Creative Designer position will be part of our in-house creative team, comprising of design, copywriting, video and development talent - working across all our B2B advertising and marketing comms materials for our Professional Information Business. To be successful in this role, you should have a solid grounding in graphic design, styles and layout techniques. You should also have experience executing marketing projects from conception to production, including event materials, advertising, and brochures. And if you can front-end code, you may be the superstar we’re looking for.
The Junior Creative Designer will report directly to the Senior Creative Designer, who will lead our in-house team, and work closely and collaboratively across the Product Marketing and Lead Generation teams to drive creative execution across all our brands.
Responsibilities & Activities:
- Produce all design requirements, whether advertising comms, event materials and collateral, content marketing design, from conception to delivery. Or oversee freelance creative resource to achieve the same goals.
- Design or overseeing original pieces, including illustrations and infographics.
- Work with a pool of creative freelancers to ensure creative excellence.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects.
Qualifications & Criteria:
- Work experience as a Junior Designer, Graphic Designer or similar role.
- Portfolio of completed design projects (whether student or professional portfolio).
- Expertise with image editing / design / prototyping software, like Photoshop, InDesign and Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, Invision.
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts and layouts.
- Ideally BSc degree in Design, Visual Arts or relevant field.
Manager: Senior Creative Designer
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: SOLUTIONS ENGINE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com