Head of Gear Patrol Studios
Gear Patrol is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to oversee our specialized in-house creative agency known as Gear Patrol Studios or GPS.
This unit was formed for one purpose: collaborating with brands to transform their stories into relevant, engaging and actionable content of the highest quality. Today, this work includes building all manner of solutions including traditional, digital, experiential and social content to meet both the on-platform and off-platform needs of our clients.
This newly created leadership role is charged with directing and expanding the GPS teams efforts through innovative, 360-degree ideas that stay true to our premium and unique editorial voice. Specifically, this entails creating, executing, marketing, and ultimately leading the GPS team’s monetization efforts across various platforms. As such, this role will be responsible for identifying new opportunities to drive revenue — complementing the sales team, as well as hitting key performance numbers and annual targets tied to business growth.
Qualified candidates must be media experts who are well-versed in the native content landscape, as well as strategic and progressive thinkers. They must also have a track record of building strong client relationships and managing a team of strategists, producers/editors, and creatives towards success and growth. Finally, the ideal candidate should have extensive expertise in branded editorial and video, brand/product storytelling, and branded partnership sales/business development.
- Utilize existing relationships with agencies and brands to identify and drive new opportunities for our custom content business.
- Manage a team that ideates creative concepts and campaigns that translate our partners’ objectives into incredible content including video, photo, written, audio, social.
- Facilitate strategic, creative conversations and work collaboratively with clients and internal stakeholders to develop and refine pitches for custom content-based programs.
- Work collaboratively with the broader Creative, Operations, and Revenue teams, along with other key leads across Gear Patrol to develop the best branded content partnerships for marketers.
- Negotiate complex content partnership deals that take into account the goals and expectations of internal and external teams.
- Partner with the Head of Marketing to deliver on revenue goals set forth for the Partnerships team.
- Manage the workflow as well as the creative and professional development of GPS team.
- Leverage extensive people and project management experience on a daily basis to ensure the GPS team is performing at its best.
- 7-10 yrs experience at a creative agency or in branded content at a media company, with a focus on digital advertising and custom content.
- Experience managing a team and developing creative and operational talent.
- Extensive Sales/Business Development experience, including owning relationships with key client decision makers.
- Must have a proven track record of meeting revenue goals and producing innovative solutions.
- Likes being on a team and understand the importance of building strong working relationships across the company e.g. design, sales, marketing, editorial and finance.
- Must be an innovator who has strong roots in journalism, production, and brand-supported content; who can discern how a unique content brand can scale without losing its distinctiveness.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently and pitch new, exciting ideas on a consistent basis.
- An aware observer of the media, entertainment, content landscape, who recognizes rapid changes and can adapt accordingly .
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive base salary and bonus opportunities.
- Career growth & earnings aligned with your performance and desire to achieve.
- Healthcare plans are fully paid for by Gear Patrol for the primary individual.
- Generous PTO package.
- Generous paid parental leave.
- Continuing education allowance.
- Charitable gift matching.
- Phone plan stipend.
Please submit your CV/resume, LinkedIn profile link, and cover letter. In your application, please also include:
- A brief introduction of yourself and why you believe you’re a fit for our team.
- Links/examples of past work or example case studies of successes.
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Please regard your résumé as having been received unless your email bounced back.