Metadata Operations Manager
2 days left
- Full Time
W. W. Norton & Company is seeking a Metadata Operations Manager to join its Operations Department. The Metadata Operations Manager is the company expert on metadata standards and industry best practices, and a leader in ensuring overall metadata excellence. He or she is the primary contact for our external data partners as well as internal stakeholders and analysts, and the product owner for Norton’s systems for metadata management and distribution. This position reports to the VP of Operations.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting issues with data partners in concert with sales, business, IT, production, and operations teams.
- Coordinating with sales, business, IT, production, and operations teams to onboard new data partners into our metadata and content distribution systems .
- Communicating with system users about unexpected issues, outages, and investigations in process.
- Training and supervising the Metadata Operations Assistant.
- Reviewing error reports and performing root cause analyses.
- Identifying opportunities for data improvements and cleanup, and managing data maintenance projects as needed by teams across the company.
- Working with Business Analysts on planning improvements and new features for the metadata management system, and coordinating QA of new deployments.
- Providing backup and training for department metadata managers.
- Maintaining departmental documentation.
- Ensuring continued compliance with ONIX standards and best practices through involvement with industry groups and committees.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
- Employment eligibility to work in the US.
- Availability to work full business hours in our New York office.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ related industry experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of the ONIX standard.
- Excellent communication skills, including a proven ability to explain technical matters to laypeople.
- Fluency in MS Excel.
- Superb organizational and time management skills.
- Obsessive attention to detail and strong copyediting skills.
W. W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W. W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years.” In college publishing, that imperative applies not only to books, but also to an ever-growing list of essential print and digital resources that support teaching and learning. For more information about the Company, visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.