Location: McAllen, Texas
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Anchor/Video Journalist is responsible for local on-air delivery of newscasts and also shooting, writing & editing story ideas on a daily basis. They will work closely with producers to ensure stories are accurately written and presented on the daily newscasts. Anchors/Video Journalists are responsible for presenting local & national news and generating ideas to increase ratings. This position will report to the VP of News.
• Will shoot, write & edit story ideas on a daily basis that attract the viewer’s interest.
• Write stories, headlines and news updates for television, online and digital platforms.
• Work directly with E.P. and News Producer on story ideas and development.
• Present completed story with fair, accurate and community relevant content.
• Generate ideas and report breaking news either in studio or on location.
• Coordinate, organize and conduct interviews.
• Develop on-going “sweeps” style stories.
• Present newscasts to the viewer in a professional manner; including presenting breaking news to viewers both during live newscasts as well as outside regularly scheduled newscasts.
• Involved in Social Media platforms.
• Make appearances before social and civic groups and at schools and colleges on behalf of the station.
•Write and copy edit assigned scripts in newscasts
• BA or BS in related field.
• At least four years television anchor/reporter experience.
• At least four years’ experience shooting, writing, and editing with good ratings track record.
• Must have strong Spanish language skills (verbal & written).
• Enterprise reporting required.
• Strong live reporting presence a must.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in McAllen, Texas.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
• Must be fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write).
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable).
• Must be able to participate in community, public events and/or Master of Ceremonies as requested by the station.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• News judgment with solid ethical decision process.
• Possess the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
• High competitive nature.
• Ability to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines.
• Skills to be a problem solver.
• Creative with strong sense of community involvement for unique story ideas.
• Strong writing skills with ability to connect on an emotional level.
• General assignment reporting skills preferred.
• Proven record of meeting deadlines and developing contacts.
• Proven record of contributing story ideas.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.