Publishing Media Internship
- 8 hours per week onsite (2 days of 4 hours each; 10 am - 2 pm)
- Must live in New York, NY area
About the Position
As an intern, you will play a multi-faceted role in the company. You will be responsible for reviewing press releases, newsletters, and other published materials, both online and by hand. You should be prepared to send both books and emails out to different media outlets for reviewing and respond to emails requesting information and publication. Additionally, you will be responsible for the social media campaigns, particularly through Instagram, Goodreads, and Twitter, and will need to be savvy with photographs, captions, and hashtags. You should also have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, Instagram, Twitter, and Goodreads.
- Assisting with events such as book launches, in which you should be able to answer questions about the company and complete transactions
- CreatingÂ content for press releases, emails, social media posts and book reviews
- Copyediting press releases, emails, newsletters, manuscripts, and ARCs
- Social media posting (including photo-taking) for Instagram, Twitter, and Goodreads
About Three Rooms Press
Three Rooms Press is a fierce New York-based independent publisher inspired by dada, punk, and passion. Founded in 1993, it serves as a leading independent publisher of cut-the-edge creative, including fiction, memoir, poetry translations, drama and art. In addition, Three Rooms Press produces and promotes a variety of literary and cultural events worldwide, including readings, plays, workshops, and concerts. Three Rooms Press books are distributed in North America and internationally by Publishers Group West/Ingram.