Part-Time Experienced Editor for Indie Press
- October-December with opportunity for permanent employment
- Must live in New York, NY area
About Editor Position
As an editor, you will play a key role at Three Rooms Press. You will review manuscripts, ARCs, press releases and more, and will be required to have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, Chicago Manual of Style, and proofreading marks. You will also be expected to write content for social media accounts, press releases, newsletters, and book reviews as needed.
The position will be based in the Greenwich Village office. The ideal candidate will have prior editing experience, demonstrate incredible attention to detail, and be able to multitask deftly.
- Work one-on-one with the author to transform good writing into great writing, including developmental editing as well as copyediting
- Proofread manuscripts using Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat and proofread physical copies of ARCs, marking corrections to spelling and grammatical errors, typographical errors, and checking for consistency throughout the work in accordance with the Three Rooms Press style and the style specific to each work
- Review incoming submissions to determine suitability for publication
- Write press releases
- Write articles for blog, website, and newsletter
- In-Design experience a plus
- Knowledge of basic HTML a plus
- Keen eye for detail and native-level command of the English language
- Ability to work quickly and accurately to meet deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially in Word
- Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style and proofreading techniques
- Familiarity with typographic proofreading
- Ability to write press releases and news articles quickly
About Three Rooms Press
Three Rooms Press is a fierce New York-based independent publisher inspired by dada, punk, and passion. Founded in 1993, it serves as a leading independent publisher of cut-the-edge creative, including fiction, memoir, poetry translations, drama and art. In addition, Three Rooms Press produces and promotes a variety of literary and cultural events worldwide, including readings, plays, workshops, and concerts. Three Rooms Press books are distributed in North America and internationally by Publishers Group West.