HBO Accountant, Home Entertainment
- Full Time
OVERALL SUMMARY: Responsible for financial and operational reporting and analysis for the HBO Home Entertainment segment reporting to the Manager Distribution Operations and Reporting.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and related analysis, including comparisons to forecasts, budgets, and prior year.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and related analysis while ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Reconcile all related P&L and Balance Sheet accounts
- Provide day-to-day financial support to the HBO Home Entertainment team related to marketing expenses and the Purchase Order accrual and analysis process.
- Review and analyze monthly marketing spend and collaborate with forecast team to identify variances and ensure accurate expense recognition.
- Proactive involvement in defining process improvements, develop and maintain standardized reporting documents and best practices in order to optimize efficiencies and improve quality of analysis.
- Become proficient in financial and reporting systems (e.g. Oracle, Smartview, GL Wand, Hyperion, etc.)
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc reconciliations upon request.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years professional and/or public accounting experience.
- Experience in the entertainment industry a plus.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a high volume, team oriented environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter who can handle multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- A strong working knowledge of financial systems and reporting tools required. Experience with Oracle, Smartview and Business Objects a plus.