- Full Time
WCVB-TV is looking for a well-rounded Digital Editor who will be creating content for its website, mobile products and social media platforms. The successful candidate will be an excellent storyteller and multi-tasker who can edit and create content facing intense competition under constant deadline pressure.
- Write/edit and publish breaking news, daily news, sports, weather, and feature stories for the stations website, mobile and social media pages.
- Write compelling headlines
- Work with Reporters and Assignment Editors to ensure content is posted quickly and accurately
- Work with Producers, Assignment Editors and Managers to ensure cross promotion of content across all platforms
- Managing LIVE streams of newscasts and breaking news
- Consistently contribute ideas to help grow the stations digital platforms
- Other duties as required
· Previous digital editing experience required
· Professional experience with nonlinear editing software (Adobe Premiere or equivalent) required.
- Strong news and editorial judgment
- Excellent AP writing skills
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and video editing
- Strong understanding of social media best practices
- Flexibility to work different shifts, holidays, etc. on short notice to cover a 24 hour news cycle
- Ability to work well in a multi-tasking environment with frequent interruptions, while paying close attention to details
- College Degree in Journalism or related field
- Military training from Defense Information School with experience will be considered