Financial Investigative Reporter
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
We are looking for a seasoned financial investigative reporter to join our News Investigative Unit.
Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:Develop original investigations, cover breaking and developing news and develop financial story ideasRespond quickly to breaking stories to build out and uncover new angles and informationUse data to inform and evolve newsgathering and storytellingWork as part of team to develop innovative ways to gather information, serving all NBC News digital and television brandsDiscover, locate and interview newsmakers, eye witnesses and other notable and interesting news subjects which will include considerable travelParticipate in special projects, pitch fresh ideas, and assist senior team members, as neededAct as a team player who is comfortable collaborating across platforms
• Must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, preferably in journalism, political science, English, or a related field of study
• At least 8 years as an investigative reporter, writer, producer and/or editor at a news organization
• Must have strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and editorial judgment
• Experience with local, national and foreign news is required
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be able to work under pressure, turn stories and thrive in a deadline-driven environment
• Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice
• Must be willing to travel with short notice and have experience teaming up with photographers and camera operators as well as collaborating with other journalists in the field
• A strong news background with extensive news room experience and a record of covering a combination of breaking news and feature stories is desired
• An obsession with accuracy and fairness in reporting
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.