Events Manager, US
- Full Time
Event Manager – US, Dow Jones
Be part of the team responsible for producing first class live events for Dow Jones, The Wall Street Journal and DJMG. The Dow Jones events team produce well over 250 events a year (globally) of all shapes, sizes and formats, bringing our brands to life for our members, our clients and our colleagues. At the heart of it all is live journalism, connecting our audiences with newsmakers and big ideas, via ambitious experiences.
As one of our Event Managers (US) you will be developing, planning and producing industry-leading events, taking full responsibility for each stage of the process. You will work closely with the team to find innovative and engaging ways to deliver – taking both a creative and operational approach - with energy, ambition and a willingness to support all elements of the event, big and small.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with the newsroom, programming, marketing, sales and sponsorship activation teams to build relationships and deliver successful events.
- Plan and deliver a wide range of events including talks, gala dinners, product launches, exhibition builds, conferences, receptions and corporate brand events,
- Work closely with the marketing and events teams to create and deliver an event strategy and plan that supports and complements the wider marketing ambitions,
- Research and pitch new event ideas that support the strategy and engage with members and clients,
- Oversee the development of event design, experience and brand presence onsite,
- Partner with marketing to manage the development and implementation of event marketing, providing recommendations and guidance on best practice,
- Manage, from start to finish, the ideation, planning, and delivery of each event,
- Manage event production – working with the newsroom and programming teams to understand technical requirements for the ‘show’,
- Liaise with the newsroom or respective stakeholders to ensure the content of events, and event experience, are in line with goals,
- Create and maintain project budgets, plans, schedules and contractual obligations,
- Mentor and guide team members,
- Build industry and business knowledge.
- Highly creative with a strong eye for event design and a love of detail,
- Excellent understanding of the industry,
- Excited by/comfortable with fast paced, dynamic, hands-on role,
- Sound business acumen, with the ability to work closely with multiple internal and external partners and stakeholders to produce and manage each event,
- Outstanding project management and negotiation skills,
- Strategic thinker who enjoys working in a collaborative, solutions driven environment,
- Passion for the brand, the business and the industry.
- 5+ years of event industry (or similar) experience,
- Ability to be flexible, travel within the US, and work additional hours as needed,
- Experience managing heavy and conflicting event schedules,
- Strong copy writing skills,
- Strong presentation skills,
- Strong project management skills,
- Knowledge of event design and marketing processes.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: SOLUTIONS ENGINE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com