Preditor- NBC Sports Philadelphia
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Advanced knowledge of shooting and working with different cameras
The Digital Video Producer/Editor (Preditor) is part of the NBC Sports Philadelphia digital team and is responsible for editing and production of original content for the NBCSportsPhiladelphia.com site. Additionally, the role will interface with multiple aspects of the content room, from collaboration with the video team to training the intern staff. This position will be aligned with the content and coverage of the Philadelphia 76ers but will support our other sports teams as necessary during the other seasons.
• Responsible for editing online video, as well as leading the production of highlights, sound, clips from games
• Work to create unique video clips, highlights and other video clips for the web
• Create storylines and original content for NBCSportsPhiladelphia.com based on Philadelphia sports, as well as national headlines
• Collaborate with the video team to plan and help schedule video shoots and edits, and work on shoots as needed
• Shoot, edit and publish segments for NBCSportsPhiladelphia.com
• Understand the best practices for digital video and how to maximize reach with our audience
• Actively participate in social media via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other outlets
• Promote content by devising engaging and creative social media posts.
• Support and assist with training intern staff throughout the year
• Develop strong interpersonal relationships with counterparts in our TV content room
• Work schedule will align with 76ers game
• Other duties as assigned
Advanced knowledge and experience using editing software: After Effects, Photoshop and Avid, Final Cut Pro, Premier or equivalent
Excellent editing skills, news judgement and understanding of storylines in Philadelphia sports
Minimum 2 years of experience in digital editing or video production in a professional environment (internships may be acceptable)
Ability to work unconventional hours, weekends and holidays.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
Must be 18 years or older.
Internal applicants must submit via the NBCU Career Opportunity System.
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBC Sports Regional Networks, part of the NBC Sports Group, consist of 9 regional networks that deliver more than 2,400 live sporting events annually, along with award-winning breaking news, comprehensive analysis, digital content and original programming to more than 43 million homes. The NBC Sports Regional Networks are: NBC Sports Bay Area, NBC Sports California, NBC Sports Chicago, NBC Sports Washington, which serves Baltimore and Washington D.C., NBC Sports Boston, NBC Sports Northwest, NBC Sports Philadelphia and NBC Sports Philadelphia +and SportsNet New York.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.