Associate Managing Editor
Prose Media (prosemedia.com) is a fast-growing content marketing agency for brands. We're looking for a tech-savvy, self-motivated, resourceful professional to join our dynamic startup team -- either on a full-time, part-time, or contract basis.
As an editorial account manager -- an editor with account and project management responsibilities -- you'll edit custom content, assemble and oversee teams of freelance writers, and work closely with clients to ensure successful content marketing campaigns.
You should be a strong editor, obsessed with crafting and refining clean copy under tight deadlines -- and also a diligent project manager, adept at juggling multiple rapid-fire projects at once while maintaining strict organization and a sense of calm. Being tech-savvy is essential, since you'll be working with an array of apps, software platforms, email extensions, and cloud-based project management tools.
Just as importantly, you should be able to manage clients and projects with a high degree of autonomy, adept at tackling tasks and problems head-on without formal instructions -- and without losing your cool. As a bootstrapped startup, a highly flexible and resourceful mindset is crucial, as is an "all-in" mentality.
We have an eight-desk office in SoHo at WeWork (379 West Broadway), a collegial and dynamic work environment with tons of other startups. Learn more about the office space, events and happy hours, classes, amenities, perks, etc. at https://www.wework.com/buildings/west-broadway--new-york-city--NY
Join us on the fast-paced “ground floor” and help us build something special.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing or editing sample (or a portfolio link). Please be sure to indicate any minimum salary requirements.
Areas of responsibility include the following:
- Project management: Oversee an efficient editorial workflow for dozens of simultaneous projects, delivering work quickly at high quality
- Editing: Edit (and occasionally rewrite) compelling custom content for clients (e.g., blogs, white papers, web copy, social media)
- Client management: Interact professionally with clients via email and phone; and cultivate trusted relationships with these clients
- Writer management: "Match" projects with relevant freelance writers in our network
- Strong communication / client management skills
- Passion for editing, with a meticulous eye for detail
- Highly proficient with technology
- Resourceful, entrepreneurial attitude