Regional Sales Director
- Full Time
GAMUT MEDIA offers a broad spectrum of smartmedia from programmatic to direct. We provide comprehensive media solutionsthat optimize ad revenue for publishers and create access to key audiences foradvertisers. We deliver cross-channel television and digital campaigns thatbuild on our long history of media excellence and benefit from the mostadvanced data-driven tools. Whether it’s locally, regionally or nationally,Gamut connects publishers and buyers for optimum results. Gamut is a whollyowned subsidiary of Cox Media Group.
- Foster innovation, manage and grow talent on New York based sales team
- Proactively prospect, qualify, grow, and maintain New York & Northeast territory account list and sales team
- Drive advertising revenue through direct sales (prospecting, closing new business and managing renewals) within the New York & Northeast territory
- Meet and exceed a quarterly sales quota by selling standard media, video, mobile, programmatic and custom advertising solutions
- Evangelize Gamut to key agency media directors/media supervisors and internet marketing directors/managers
- Build strategic agency and client side relationships to secure revenue growth and build credibility in the marketplace
- Identify, understand and communicate trends within client markets and industries
- Ability to listen well to client needs and develop advertising programs that exceed their expectations
- Think creatively, sell strategically, multitask and communicate efficiently both internally and externally
- Ability to manage sales pipeline, utilize salesforce.com and project sales on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- BS/BA degree required
- 5-10 years of sales experience of media (digital and/or video) sales experience
- 3-5 years of sales management experience in media
- Must have a strong understanding of the New York & Northeast market with strong client and agency relationships
- Must have a deep understanding of the online space
- Have sold at a top publisher/portal, additional experience working in the ad network space is a plus
- Experience selling at the national and local level is a plus
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Media Group
Primary Location: US-NY-New York-1 Dag Hammarskjold Plaza
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing