Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Deliver final content to the all platforms on-air/social/digital team as well as work-reels to the library and ensure all appropriate paperwork is completed by the end of each project
Universal Kids represents the world of NBCUniversal family brands. As a kid-focused ecosystem with great TV content at the center, Universal Kids is programmed for the 2-12 year old audience, with a fresh mix of animated content, unscripted entertainment, and proven international hits. Launched in September 2017 and available in over 59 million homes, Universal Kids is available for kids and families across all platforms, including on air, online, On Demand and via mobile with the Universal Kids app.
As the Writer/Producer you will join the Universal Kids team aiding in the production of promotional and short-form videos to live across on-air, social, and digital platforms. The ideal candidate is self-driven, highly organized and adaptable. A creative writer with ambitious ideas and a thorough knowledge of and experience writing, producing and editing content for all platforms.
RESPONSIBILITIESAttend appropriate meetings to understand business goals and programming strategies of all projects and translate to creative content for all platformsConcept, write and produce content to gain audience attention, deliver on brief and push awareness of Universal KidsDemonstrates strong writing ability and proven copywriting experience that takes projects to the next levelDirect internal and external talent (editors, vendors, audio engineers, VO artists, on-camera talent, production crews, etc.) to ensure project stays on brand and on budget. Stay current in music, pop culture and social media to generate innovative ideasStrong ear for music as an element of overall creative Communicate clearly and in a timely manner with fellow production team members and other departments including Production Management, Editorial, and Design on all phases of a project from ideation to final deliveryTake creative direction and input from managers but also work independently Maintain explicit details in schedules, assignment sheets, documents, and excels
• Minimum 5 years experience producing and editing content for social, digital and on-air platforms
• Must possess strong writing, scripting, editing skills
• Understanding and experience working with all different social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube)
• Expertise in Adobe Premiere.
• Excellent creative abilities, production sense and aesthetic judgment
• Must have working knowledge of television pre-and post-production involving the use of studio facilities, lighting, graphic design and animation, editing, audio production and shooting techniques.
• Self-starter, creative thinker and problem solver who contributes out-of-the-box ideas and collaborates on strategy
• Detail-oriented, extremely organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Team player with a strong sense of humor
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously is required.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job#:43307BR)
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.