Assistant Account Executive, PR
- Full Time
The Assistant Account Executive is responsible for implementing day-to-day activities for a high-profile, fast-paced pharmaceutical account that encompasses a broad spectrum of PR activities, including third-party collaborations, un-branded awareness initiatives and branded product support. Previous experience in health care is a plus.
About Health Unlimited
For more than 25 years, Health Unlimited has been driving results for companies solving the world’s most complex and challenging health issues. We provide the full range of public relations and public affairs services to health care, pharmaceutical and biotechnology enterprises in the non-profit, government, academic and industrial sectors throughout the world.
Consistently ranked among the top independent health care agencies in the U.S., Health Unlimited brings together 50+ health care communications professionals in New York’s historic Flatiron District who are focused exclusively in health and science across many therapeutic areas and health industries. All clients, regardless of size, are provided direct involvement of a long-tenured senior team. Health Unlimited has a culture of honesty, hard work, collegiality and respect.
- Serve as core team member for program implementation, self-direct own responsibilities, seek guidance from senior managers and keep everyone informed, play active role in team dynamics.
- Manage small scale projects from start to finish, including basic research assignments and various program activities.
- Develop initial drafts of a range of audience-appropriate written materials.
- Maintain team reporting mechanisms including results reporting, budget tracking, etc.
- 6 months to 1 year of internship, public relations agency or combination of agency plus in-house pharmaceutical/corporate or non-profit health care communications experience.
- Highly organized, good oral and written communications skills.
- Familiarity with basic PR writing forms, social media and media monitoring tools.
- An ability to design and conduct research projects.
- Knowledge of key areas of media, ability to structure pitches.
- Has experience in implementing event/organizational checklists, including working with vendors, and ability to develop project timelines.
- Must be a fast learner and motivated for success and growth of self, team and accounts.