UX & Technology Director
- Full Time
This position requires strong leadership, management and organization skills by setting a clear user-first vision, building a detailed strategy, bringing innovative thinking to the team and managing deliverables in an efficient, timely manner.
A skilled storyteller and architect, the UX & Technology Director will be at home in a multidisciplinary environment and produce work and strategies that are unique, engaging, and undeniably valuable. They must have an expert understanding of touchpoints across the entire customer journey. The work includes strategy, interaction design and technology innovation across any touchpoint, including web, mobile, digital, social, touch, IOT, OOH, in-store, and physical environments.
The UX & Technology Director will create satisfying and compelling experiences for consumers by focusing on reshaping the customer experience.
Working closely with the UX Practice lead, Creative Director, Design teams, Research, Account teams, and channel experts, the UX & Technology Directorwill connect insights and business requirements to applied and meaningful experiences through active ideation and design thinking methodologies.
- Provide oversight and management on active projects and bridges communication between disciplines and clients.
- Design and facilitate different types of internal and client workshops from discovery and ideation to alignment and planning
- Develop experience briefs and creative solutions to meet the business objectives of the brief.
- Understand target audiences' needs, tasks, and goals thru the creation of personas, profiles and user journey mapping
- Construct prototypes, IA structures, user flows and proofs of concept as needed
- Help define and implement research and user testing both online and in the field and provide recommendations, improvements, and insights for both programs and projects
- Identify and implement internal and external toolsets that will aid in the development of experience deliverables.
- Work with external partners and agencies, where necessary, to deliver products/projects.
- Lead tech stack exploration and consulting for both internal and clients and directly inform the platform choices, development methods, tech architecture, etc.
- Help develop a vendor partner model and vet vendors, manage vendor relationships, and develop processes to support technical builds and programs.
- Provide training of human centered design, prototyping and brainstorming methodologies.
- Create ideation processes that can be used throughout the agency.
- Help champion principles of usability and human-centered design within and across the organization
- Deliver tangible experiences and POVs that can be used as showcase pieces and/or new business tools.
- Participate in the development and delivery of new business pitches and client facing presentations
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Solid background in UX, design thinking, and project management methodologies
- Prior experience working on healthcare projects preferred; an understanding of MLR processes in regards to digital work is of particular value
- Prior experience in a digital agency environment preferred
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills and an ability to translate complex technical concepts for audiences of all skill levels
- Demonstrated product/project management experience across digital platforms from concept to completion.
- Ability to assess digital marketing and user experience roadblocks and quickly leverage digital knowledge and innovation to provide solutions
- Demonstrated experience integrating cross functional teams to define and deliver creative and functional solutions
- Proven track record of leading a team, managing vendors and developing digital and UX talent
- Deep understanding of current and future digital and technology trends across platforms
- Experience developing or managing the development of websites (particularly Wordpress powered sites)
- Strong analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and distill high-level information into details and recommendations
- Strong background and experience working with enterprise level CRM and SEO/SEM programs preferred
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
Normal office environment, where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, or smoke.
imre is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and business needs. imre does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy governs all terms and conditions of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.