Director, Digital Analytics and Implementation
Location: New York City, New York (US)
Function: Operations & Strategy
Specialty: Data & Analysis, Audience Development, Business Development
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Director, Digital Analytics for the NBCU Owned Television Stations will oversee implementation of essential analytics in support of the division’s digital operations. Reporting to the VP of Digital Research, the Director will manage a team of analysts, guiding the implementation and reporting of analytics across the division’s portfolio of digital properties. This role is critical in providing insights to key stake holders to assist in the growth of our strategic initiatives. The role requires extensive experience in implementing web analytics tools (Adobe Analytics) and developing new methods for internal reporting.
- Essential Responsibilities
- Regularly present high level summaries to key stakeholders
- Manage the division’s data management platform (DMP) for audience targeting.
- Point person for ad hoc requests from operations, editorial, product and development
- Support sales organization to help identify and capitalize on new revenue opportunities
- Collaborate with NBCU counterparts to assure OTS is utilizing all available resources.
- Provide ongoing support, guidance and training for OTS research directors and other key members within the OTS division.
- Assist on day-to-day operations of the digital research team; prioritizing deliverables and balancing support for key stakeholders.
- Conduct advanced analyses for Sr. Management to help identify key audience segments, understand usage patterns and highlight risks/opportunities.
- Produce traffic and impression projections for annual Long Range Planning (LRP), budgets and key tent pole events
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Advanced experience with Adobe Analytics:
Adobe Report Builder, Ad Hoc, Workspace and Site Catalyst
- Ability to create segments and calculated metrics
- Knowledge of s_code, context variables, processing rules, Adobe Analytics admin panel
- Spot problems with data quality, minimize reporting errors
- High productivity with Microsoft Excel: Ability to utilize formulas, filters, and pivot tables to expedite the completion of tasks.
- Understanding of Data Management Platforms (DMPs), ideally Adobe Audience Manager
- Ingestion of data from vendors and advertisers alike
- Creation and management of audience targeting segments
- Ability to synthesize metrics with revenue: Traffic and impression projections, Business valuations to help guide the product roadmap / new vendors
- Working knowledge of other key analytic tools:
comScore, Nielsen DAR / DTVR, @Plan, Scarborough, Adobe Target
- Interact and provide the necessary feedback to direct reports
- Detailed oriented; ability to identify problems with data quality and minimize reporting errors.
- Clear and effective communicator; excellent written and verbal skills
- Passionate about delivering fresh and innovative ideas;
- Understanding of digital monetization
- Knowledgeable about research, technology and media industry trends
- Collaborative team player with the ability to juggle multiple projects, effectively meet stakeholder’s needs and meet tight deadlines
- Experience with TV Everywhere
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.