- Full Time
Brave New Films (BNF) champions social justice issues through the power of film to educate, inspire, empower, and motivate people to take action and make a difference.
Are you passionate about social justice, and want to actually do something about it? Not just rant about it on social media? Do you genuinely like to work hard knowing that it will impact the key political/social issues of the day? Do you have extensive experience as producer, co-producer or editor? Can you keep trains running on time, as well as handle creative tasks from the Head of Brave New Films? This position is akin to a Showrunner on a series with management, creative, and logistical skills at its core.
If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply for this critically important Supervising Producer staff position at BNF.
- Oversee all video production from conception through completion and delivery
- Assign and oversee research
- Approve budgets and schedules
- Write scripts and edit team members’ scripts
- Manage post production schedule for multiple, simultaneous, tight deadlines
- Provide creative direction during pre-production and editing
- Manage input and execute notes from other departments at each stage of production
- Maintain records archives for each project
- Supervise Researchers, Editors, Graphics Designer, and additional staff
- QC all cuts before sending to president and all finals before release
- Ability to take a hands-on role at any stage of production – researching, writing, shooting and editing.
- Seek out and hire outside talent to aide and assist current projects, such as musicians, sound designers, and additional freelancers.
- Must have extensive unscripted editing or producing experience, be tech-savvy and have impeccable organizational and communication skills.
- Experience with trailers, promotional videos and concept development.
- Proven track record of managing video production as well as on set and post-production experience.
- Ability to remain flexible and calm in high-pressure situations and adjust as multiple moving parts consistently change.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps - especially Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of CATdv, Dropbox, Basecamp, and Spanish are helpful.
Who are you?
- You are passionate about doing work that will make a real difference.
- You are proactive and like getting your hands dirty.
- You solve problems with creativity and passion.
- If you don't know something, you say so. Then go figure it out quickly.
- You naturally go the extra mile.
- You thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project time frames.
How To Apply
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS.
NOTE: Only fully completed applications will be considered.
Send a resume and a cover letter with the following elements:
- What issues you care about politically and why.
- Tell us about your best work experience and why.
- Your worst work experience and why (don’t include any names)
- Pick any 3 -5 BNF short films and tell us
- Why you like them
- What you would do to improve them
- Links to your prior editing or producing work.
- Provide 3 work references we can contact.
Apply by 9/14/18
Send your resume and materials via the link provided.
Only fully completed applications will be considered.
Brave New Films provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.