Associate editor for award-winning NYC real estate website
Brick Underground, the most popular and trusted website for New Yorkers navigating the city's dizzying real estate landscape, is looking for a full-time associate editor. The ideal candidate has a journalism background, digital media experience, and a strong interest in creating smart, useful stories for NYC renters, buyers, sellers and owners. The associate editor will conceive story ideas, write, edit, manage freelancers and work in a variety of formats, becoming an expert on how to do anything in New York City real estate, from how to negotiate concessions on a rental apartment, to how much to tip your super, to strategies for fielding lowball offers when selling your apartment.
- Cultivate sources
- Brainstorm, pitch, report, and write original stories every day
- Consult on headlines, social media posts
- Attend occasional real estate industry events
- Prior journalism, writing and editing experience (2+ years minimum) and a dedication to using best journalistic practices
- Service journalism experience a PLUS! Interest in service journalism a MUST!
- Experience using an online content management system
- Organized, resourceful, energetic team player willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Flair for writing compelling headlines, ledes, and subheds for the web
- Strong interest in and basic knowledge of NYC real estate
- Social media experience a plus
When applying please include:
- A brief cover letter listing 3 things that you as a NYC renter, buyer, seller, or apartment owner would like to be able to read about online and a short list of your go-to real estate news/info sources (online or offline) and why you find them useful
- Links to relevant work samples, including writing, editing, social media campaigns, and/or video
This position reports directly to the managing editor and the founder/CEO. Potential for rapid advancement for the right person.
About our company:
Brick Underground is New York City's most popular and trusted source of real estate advice. Our award-winning website speaks directly to nearly 5 million unique visitors each year (buyers, sellers, renters, and owners) seeking solutions to their NYC real-estate needs in one of the most complex and expensive real estate markets in the world. Our small, friendly team is passionate about engaging our readers with practical information that they can use and trust.
Apply for Associate editor for award-winning NYC real estate website
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly