HBO Financial Analyst, Financial Planning & Strategic Analysis
- Full Time
The candidate will provide financial planning and business analysis to HBO senior management, HBO finance, and serve as a liaison to WarnerMedia Corporate’s Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) and Strategy Groups. The position reports to the Manager, Financial Planning & Strategic Analysis.
All planning activities will include identifying key business drivers and assumptions; trends; risks and opportunities; assisting in the preparation of executive summaries for HBO senior management (including HBO’s CEO and CFO); and effectively utilizing financial systems, such as Hyperion.
- Create HBO’s consolidated budget, five-year long-range financial plans, and interim updates related to:
- Original Programming
- Acquired Programming
- Content licensing, home entertainment / video sales and other revenue
- Prepare detailed analysis of HBO’s domestic budget, five-year long-range financial plans, and interim updates related to HBO’s domestic original programming and related costs, including:
- Financial analysis relate to HBO’s gross and net original programming costs, and
- Comprehensive financial and qualitative summaries for HBO’s senior management, including programming sections of various strategy and long-range plan documents including CEO and CFO presentations, and annual Board documents.
- Manage HBO’s Hyperion original programming planning application including ongoing development and enhancements, report management and data integrity.
- Develop and maintain various original programming scenario models to support strategic initiatives and ongoing businesses, and prepare comprehensive financial and quantitative summaries for HBO and WarnerMedia’s senior management, and WarnerMedia’s FP&A and strategy groups.
- Collaborate with finance and business units across HBO to prepare budget and long-term planning analysis for key areas of responsibility for WarnerMedia Corporate (e.g., annual Budget / Long-Range Plan process, Board documents, and Operating and Strategy Reviews). Collect and organize all critical supporting documentation.
- Proactively identify and implement internal process improvements in order to optimize efficiencies, improve the quality of analysis, and develop actionable reports for Senior Management.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA or CPA a plus
- 2-4 years of related work experience in accounting / finance
- Strategic thinker and problem solver with ability to manage details
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent written/oral communication, database management and financial presentation skills
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Hyperion/similar database
- Solid knowledge of accounting and finance principles
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with full life cycle of budget / long-term planning process; preparing senior management presentations and prior media & entertainment industry experience a plus