Associate Editor, Waste
- Full Time
As the associate editor for Waste Dive, you'll get a chance to use all your writing, editing and social media tools. You'll travel to industry events and facilities. You'll interview newsmakers and experts involved in the often unseen work of collecting, sorting and extracting value from the materials our world runs on. You'll work in an innovative newsroom that gives you the freedom to show off your skills and your creative side.
What you can bring to the table:
- A proven track record of daily writing and editing skills.
- Ability to quickly take ownership of specific beats through original reporting and source building.
- An aptitude for business news and smart story selection for a B2B audience.
- Tuned-in instincts and ability to interpret and analyze key business trends and public filings.
- An interest in writing and editing for a mobile experience in a niche B2B market.
- Ability to drive reader response through social media.
- Deadline-oriented time-management skills.
- A proven track record of 1 to 3 years of writing and editing skills.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in journalism, English or similar field.
We’d love if you had the following:
- Experience in the waste and recycling industry, or related experience in environmental services or sciences.
- Experience with business writing.
- Familiarity with HTML.
- Working knowledge of basic SEO.
- Familiarity with the AP Styleguide.
- Experience with Google Analytics or other monitoring tools.
- Experience working with a publication in its early stages to grow audiences.