- Full Time
*****All candidates must submit a brief cover letter, resume, 3 relevant work samples, and salary requirements in order to be considered****
For more than 50 years, Delaware Today Magazine has been the lifestyle authority in the First State. As the state’s premier magazine, award-winning Delaware Today keeps readers up-to-date with local dining, wellness, entertainment and community news. We make it our mission to both inform and entertain with superb photography, distinctive writing and thorough reporting.
Delaware Today Magazine is looking for an ambitious, collaborative digital editor who's comfortable with the ins and outs of content management and web writing; can take direction as well as offer constructive input; is familiar with Delaware and loves to explore everything from food to entertainment; is well-rounded not only in their skillset but their own personal tastes and interests; is forward-thinking and has a passion for digital storytelling.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Upload print and web-exclusive articles using a content management system.
- Create and send daily editorial email newsletters.
- Manage all social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and work to expand our follower base and engagement.
- Handle general website maintenance, including monitoring analytics and updating our digital calendar, business listings, homepage splash and magazine info pages.
- Build webpages for online-exclusive editorial, advertorial and sponsored content pieces.
- A background in digital journalism and editing is a must.
- Familiarity with HTML and content management systems.
- Familiarity with Photoshop, InDesign and video editing software.
- Social media savvy; should know how to use social media to market content and promote magazine events.
- Proven multitasking ability on disparate tasks.
- Clear, effective communication and a cool head under pressure.
- A demonstrated sense of what makes something newsworthy and relevant to our audience.
- Most importantly, the ability to take direction and run with it.
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must be able to work full-time in our office in Wilmington, Del. No relocation assistance provided. Must be able to work occasional night and weekend hours during Delaware Today events (typically 5-6 events a year).