Employee Communications Coordinator
- Full Time
To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health. Join the AMA team as the Employee Communications Coordinator in Enterprise Communications & Marketing. As part of the team, you will provide support in engaging employees through internal communications messages and tactics. You will assist in the distribution of a broad breadth of AMA internal communications content and develop and support unique and engaging content, events and projects. You will help educate and activate AMA employees in using digital tools and platforms as part of the ongoing cultural transformation of the organization. You will have a team-centric mindset to the work and contribute creativity and good judgment to all internal communication.
Other Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, draft, compile and proofread the content for AMA’s twice-weekly newsletter, MyConnection according to the employee communications’ editorial and digital strategy. Draft content for and manage the editorial calendar for the organization’s digital signage.
- Assist in developing the content for the AMA’s intranet and digital workspace AMAtoday, including news stories and specialty content.
- Create and maintain user materials related to the intranet, including refreshing the AMAtoday Content Guidelines and Procedures document. Help develop a new instructions manual for site users (both end users and content contributors) and work with clubs and committees and with HR to update and refresh materials regularly and host trainings for content managers and contributors to use the site.
- Support the implementation of special projects and events for employees.
- Provide support to the leadership and employee communications team (including managing Outlook distribution lists, and submission of creative and design requests, manage the proxy mailboxes, etc.) and assist in tracking metrics to evaluate campaigns, events and products.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in journalism, English, marketing or related communications discipline.
- A minimum 2-3 years of experience in a nonprofit, agency or corporate environment communicating to distinct audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of using data to inform communications and marketing strategies and a thirst to continue to learn more.
- Able to build relationships, consensus and reach and promote shared success.
- Solid public speaking and presentation skills.
- A demonstrated understanding of how storytelling can effectively connect and engage an audience. A nose for internal “news” and proven curiosity about the world, health care and the AMA.
- Familiar with Web publishing: This includes an understanding of and an interest in learning more about the digital platforms on which we communicate: Sharepoint, digital sign platforms, workflow processes and platforms, among others.
- Ability to perform in a high visibility team environment as well as be a strong individual contributor.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously and manage competing projects effectively.
- Demonstrated sense of initiative and professionalism.
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION