MARCOM Assistant Manager
- Full Time
This position is responsible for helping to develop and execute marketing and communications for USY, USCJ’s youth movement. Key responsibilities include event and content marketing, copywriting, social media strategy and management, digital advertising, website management, and public relations outreach.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Help develop and execute on marketing communications plans for USY
• Coordinate and manage promotional and community engagement communications across social and email channels
• Write and edit copy for all channels (website, social media, email, print)
• Work with third-party vendor to improve website SEO and deploy digital marketing tactics such as Adwords and FB ads
• Run event communications at youth convention: manage live social media updates, photo and video asset collection, and daily email updates
• Create marketing resources and templates for regional field staff
• Oversee brand consistency of field communications
• Conduct press outreach, pitch stories, and serve as organizational media liaison
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computer, phones, filling cabinets and other office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position exempt from overtime. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5pm.
Required on site at annual five-day youth convention, which takes place at the end of December (dates and locations vary)
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, marketing, communications or related field
• Highly organized
• Digital media savvy/familiarity with social media platforms
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across organization with wide variety of people
• Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills
• Familiarity with Judaism
Preferred Education and Experience
• Experience and familiarity with Wordpress (or similar content management system) and Constant Contact (or similar email marketing platform)
• Experience with Photoshop or InDesign a plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position
Employees hired to work in the United States USCJ offices must have USA authorization
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.