HBO Production Manager
- Full Time
Reports to Director, East Coast Production Sports
- Coordinate all ENG shoots for Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel, both domestic and international
- Hiring of camera crews, audio, lighting and other necessary labor.
- Must be available 24/7 to manage several productions at once, around the globe.
- Coordinate logistics, travel visas, carnets and equipment rental for international shoots
- Create, manage, forecast and reconcile the below-the-line budget.
- Handle all aspects and scheduling of post-production, i.e. editing, audio mixing, voice-overs, ingest, graphics
- Manage all aspects of studio shoots, i.e.: hire crew, set builds, lighting
- Keep abreast of potentially useful technologies & equipment
- Research and vet promising freelance technicians and production facilities.
- Supervise and motivate teams
- Bachelor’s degree. 7+ years of Production management experience in digital video production.
- 5+ years’ experience in show budgeting and reconciliation
- Experience in production managing and coordinating studio shows in a broadcast television facility.
- Experience with hiring freelance staff in both production and post-production fields with an understanding of all post production environments.
- Proven ability in negotiation
- Thorough technical background and understanding related to field & studio camera and production equipment including lights and POV equipment
- Candidate must be: Self-directed, proactive, organized, efficient, detail-oriented, accountable, enthusiastic, dedicated, compromising, meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player with an ability to balance and manage multiple projects, which may be going in competing directions.
- Proficiency in MS Office, File Maker Pro, and using Internet tools for research
- Strong research skills both online and off
- Candidate must be available for nights and weekends