- Full Time
Billboard and The Hollywood Reporter are premier media properties covering the music and entertainment industries via leading digital destinations, print publications, and original video programming (See samples at YouTube dot com /Billboard and /HollywoodReporter.) We are looking for an experienced video editor based in New York who will be a key member of a growing production team, working in a fast-paced entertainment news-based environment.
The ideal candidate is someone enthusiastic about music, moving images and cutting web video in a digital newsroom. He/she will edit a wide range of content including: topical web shows, weekly music-themed series, performance content, mini-documentaries, special event coverage and more. The editor should be flexible, organized, self directed and take ownership of all post stages of a project.
This is a full-time position located at our Midtown Manhattan office.
- Edit short and medium format content to broadcast quality standards including: web shows, behind-the-scenes features, interviews, performance content, special event packages, branded documentaries, and marketing sizzles.
- Expertly apply finishing and packaging skills to each edit, including: color correction, sound design, sound mixing/eq, graphics and multi-format delivery.
- Help bring creative video concepts and stories to life in a way that’s relevant to the brand’s growing audience.
- Be supremely organized and proactive at every stage of a project - from footage intake to distribution.
- Be self directed and flexible.
- Work collaboratively within a fast-paced team environment.
- Communicate clearly and positively across departments and with managers about project schedules, creative decisions, approvals, deliverables and publishing strategy.
- Stay up to date on technical developments and software updates and apply new skills to improve workflow and quality.
- Embrace and exploit emerging video platforms and formats: live streaming, animation, VR, social video formats, etc.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- 3+ Years of professional editing experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Film, Animation, Visual Studies or similar
- Expert level knowledge of full Adobe Creative Suite
- Proven success working with creative teams, directors and clients
- A firm grasp of digital camera formats, frame rates, codecs, compression techniques and file based workflows
- Adept online editor: color correction, music supervision and post-production sound mixing
- Keen eye for detail in sound, pacing and story of edits
- The ability to juggling multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience working from a server with other editors
- Motion graphics and Animation skills
- Knowledge of video camera operation, lighting and sound recording a plus
- Travel is required in this position. Must be comfortable editing on-site and in the field at multiple annual events around the U.S.
All applications must include a link to an online editing reel demonstrating a wide breadth of professional, non-fiction editorial experience.
Prometheus Global Media is an equal opportunity employer.