Meteorologist Telemundo Houston
Location: Houston, Texas
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Tell the market’s weather stories in a way that connects with and captivates viewers. Develop innovative and creative ways of presenting the daily weather story, with an emphasis on accuracy and hyper local forecasting.Produce weather graphics and analyze data from the National Weather Service as well as other meteorological sources. Work with the weather team and producers to create complete coverage of weather events. Also prepare post forecasts for multiple news platforms.Live reporting and attendance at community and weather-related events will be required.Daily social media post, especially during severe weather events.
-Minimum 3 years of experience as a broadcast TV Meteorologist, weather anchor or
- Must have AMS, CBM, or NWA seal of approval or the ability to begin process of certification within 3 months of contract signing.
-Must have working knowledge of computer graphics systems such as: WSI, Weather Central, and Accuweather.
-Proven experience using forecasting tools including Doppler Radar and Satellite Maps.
- Must be completely fluent in Spanish and have proven excellent written and spoken Spanish-language skills.
-Proven ability to ad-lib effortlessly on-air while under pressure during weather breaking news and during newscasts.
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours, varying shifts (including nights, weekends and holidays).
-Report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when required.
• College degree in Meteorology or related field
• Able to work flexible hours and/or weekends as needed for severe weather coverage
• Passionate about weather and committed to the team effort for the station’s success
• Excellent people skills in order to work well within a team
• Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, content driven, technology intensive environment
• Also fluent in speaking and writing in English language is highly desired
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.