Seeker exists where technology, innovation, and the future collide. We celebrate relentless curiosity with an insatiable drive to question, inspire, and create. Seeker connects with its audiences through daily stories published on YouTube, Facebook, and our own Seeker.com. We produce best-in-class science content, short documentaries, and ground-breaking virtual reality experiences. Seeker Media is part of Group Nine Media and located in San Francisco, CA.
The Senior Manager, Audience Development will lead the strategy in aggressively growing daily audience and building awareness for Seeker’s video content on multiple platforms. The ideal candidate is a proven social media and digital video professional. They are an expert at driving towards defined metrics and can set a standard of best practices for our group. This role requires someone who will take risks to grow our audience and engagements through creativity, data-driven insights, optimization, iteration and teamwork in a frequently changing environment.
This role will manage Seeker’s Audience Development team and have 1 or 2 direct reports. The position reports to the Chief Content Officer for Seeker and will frequently collaborate with Video Production and Seeker.com teams to provide strategic guidance, identify opportunities, and solve problems across all video and content platforms. This position is located in San Francisco, CA.
- This position will help define and implement a digital growth strategy that utilizes all levers: content marketing, optimization/testing, paid media, research, reporting, and partnerships
- Be a multi-platform expert, staying current with product updates across Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and other emerging platforms. Get our property in on the ground floor of appropriate breaking opportunities.
- Optimize content and social publishing tactics to provide the best possible conditions for audience growth across all our platforms
- Work closely with content teams to guide them toward the content our audience wants across all channels
- Lead the development of processes for relentless optimization of existing products, A/B testing, and experimentation
- Define a robust social partnership strategy, managing relationships with internal and external social pages, sites, influencers, and publishers to drive awareness to Seeker’s content
- Provide regular reporting based on audience size and engagement metrics to measure growth and inform ongoing strategy shifts
- Execute against key performance indicators by constantly adjusting weekly tactics with an eye toward long term goals
- Lead audience projects with coordinators and empower them to execute campaigns and continually optimize to obtain best results
- Regularly drive or attend audience development meetings with video programming team
- Ensure an overall increase of website traffic
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years experience in social media, preferably in a media/content company
- Experience developing strategies for video optimization on YouTube, Facebook, and other social platforms
- Ability to balance big-picture thinking with strong attention to detail
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills, ability to interpret data to make decisions
- Ability to drive insights based on data, framing information in an actionable, contextual manner for producers
- Proven experience leading successful social campaigns and reporting on social metrics
- Able to define and speak in a brand voice, strong written and verbal skills
- Strong knowledge of Google and YouTube Analytics, Facebook Insights, and Tubular Labs
- Must be a driven and curious self-starter who can identify areas for improvement
- Growth in reach, followers, subscribers, shares and engagement
- Overall increase in views per episode across all platforms
- Demonstrated initiative, leadership, and consistency of execution
- Thoughtful and supportive management to develop team members
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.