Smarter, faster, and as always - first. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg Media is looking for a player-coach product director to guide our web products into the next era and lead a small team of PMs. The role reports to the chief product officer and will work on setting the vision and defining the processes we need to execute successfully and share our results with partners around the building.
You’ll have a deep understanding of ad- and subscription-supported consumer media products and creative ideas about how to drive our business goals and serve our users and internal partners. You’ll be able to seamlessly collaborate with teams in Editorial, Engineering, Design, and Sales to deliver premier online experiences.
We'll trust you to:
- Set a vision for the web and mobile web surfaces of bloomberg.com, drawing heavily on empathy for the modern news consumer and a strong command of our metrics and goals
- Balance that vision with a plan that executes against other softer goals: work we take on for internal partners and eliminating tech debt
- You’ll be a proven manager, who has experience setting up processes for project intake and monitoring of and reporting on product health and success
- Have a real passion for user experience, and do everything from user research to working closely with designers to craft an amazing experience
- Clearly articulate your strategic vision for the product, its success and failure and timelines.
- Partner with multidisciplinary teams to track and manage projects timely and effectively
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving
- Juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of experience working in a professional environment
- Experience using the following tools; JIRA, Trello, Slack
- A strong bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development
- Excellent influencing skills and a proven collaborator; ability to work successfully with both direct and indirect teams across the organization
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts
- Deep understanding of technology and the latest trends in the digital space
- Empathy for our users, a high level of integrity
- Understanding of design principles, usability, UX design
- Experience and demonstrated ability in understanding and discussing technical concepts and trade-offs
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.