AKA NYC, a global advertising agency specializing in Broadway and live entertainment, is looking for a Media Director with strong skills in digital to lead a group of smart and innovative media professionals and drive strategic innovation. The ideal candidate for this role will have the ability to encourage and facilitate big picture strategy, thrive in fast-paced environments, and have impeccable leadership and communication skills.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Deliver sound strategy and excellent cross-platform planning and buying as Media Director.
- Lead innovation and creativity in all aspects of the media service delivery.
- Motivate, train and manage in-house media team.
- Oversee department workflow, process and systems.
- Negotiate with key media vendors on agency rates.
- Develop and lead media-focused innovations for the Agency.
- Establish and cultivate cross-departmental agency relationships to keep AKA at the forefront of innovations.
- Promote and raise profile of the agency with clients, business prospects, media owners and suppliers.
- Work closely with New Business Supervisor in developing new business pitches.
- Create and implement regular company communications related to Media.
- Responsible for the delivery of financial targets as set as part of the company budgets
- Other Duties as Assigned
Qualifications and Attributes:
- 8+ years as a Media Professional with experience managing and leading a team and a background in digital media planning/buying.
- Demonstrable skills with innovation and creativity.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines, and the aptitude to turn work around within a short time span where demands are liable to change at short notice
- Comfortable working autonomously and across multiple tasks with a high degree of personal organization and self-management
- Capability to think proactively and laterally to maximize opportunities to meet the needs of the clients
- Strong focus on client satisfaction.
- Confidence to make solid relationships.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Entertainment Professional with knowledge and/or a love of theater would be beneficial
AKA is a fluid and rapidly changing organization. This position profile reflects the general nature and level of work assigned to the role. It does not restrict management’s right to reassign duties or responsibilities at any time based on business needs if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Please email cover letter and resume and include “Media Director” in the subject line. No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Apply for Media Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly