Production Assistant, WSJ Pro
- Full Time
The WSJ Professional Products team is looking for a production assistant to work with editors to publish content for our professional audience.
This position includes a mix of news and production responsibilities, such as assisting editors with newsletters, curating and basic layout of a monthly magazine. The person in this position will also help WSJ Pro editors promote stories on social media.
- Help with daily production and publication of all Pro newsletters. Add visuals and related content to get these stories in reader-ready format for our various products
- Help curate and populate a dozen or so landing pages that are part of WSJ Pro
- Help with writing, strategy and promotion of WSJ Pro stories and content on social media
- Help with production, publication and design of Private Equity magazine
The role requires proficiency with digital publishing tools and knowledge of the Pro audience and workflow. The ideal candidate understands the value of search-engine optimization, notably headlines and tags, has a good understanding of social-media strategies. Some journalism experience is required.
Skills & Attributes:
- General awareness of how a newsroom works
- Some journalism experience and the aptitude to do some reporting
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Takes pride in and ownership of his or her own work
- Prioritizes tasks and time while handling multiple responsibilities
- Meets deadlines
- Flexible in changing/handing off tasks
- Functions well within a team
- Desire to learn new skills
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: Production Group
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 13889