VP, Integrated Communications
This hands-on position is to develop and oversee the execution of organization-wide digital communications, content development & distribution and integrated web-based marketing and business development strategies that will deliver PRSA’s defined objectives and goals.
- Develop integrated marketing programs to attract new members.
- Develop, recommend and align the management of all communication programs including budget, resources, staff and training.
- Knowledge and understanding of the following key channels: digital, social, content, PR, direct marketing.
- Generate ideas about target audiences/programs and translate those into strategies.
- Define program goals and metrics.
- Develop scaleable and repeatable methodologies.
- Identify ways to improve and streamline processes for faster, more efficient results.
- Work with department managers to coordinate digital communication and marketing requirements.
- Ability to understand and identify critical path task and anticipate potential issues.
- Develop a formal, multi-media communications calendar to deliver continuous and consistent messaging as well as promote employee familiarity with/knowledge of key services.
- Foster message consistency, quality, coordination and efficiency in all communication activities.
- Oversee selection of third party vendors and software applications.
- Continuously interpret and analyze data to establish patterns of member and prospect behaviors including understanding member needs, market trends and competitive activity.
- Uphold the mission and standards of the organization.
Complexity of duties:
Duties require management of complex and sensitive situations, requiring a high degree of conceptual ingenuity and initiative. This involves extensive and authoritative knowledge of the techniques, practices and theories applying to marketing, integrated communications, content, web development, social media and public relations, supplemented by significant management experience.
This position leads the planning, communicating, implementation and evaluation of major business strategies within PRSA and is accountable to the CEO.
This position utilizes expert content knowledge and management experience to recognize long-term challenges posed by a changing environment and develops strategies to position PRSA to meet them.
The incumbent collaborates with and supports managers in other departments to provide program support, coordinate work activities, and communicate status and troubleshoot, as necessary.
The incumbent also regularly interacts with senior management staff and volunteer leaders to plan and prioritize business strategies, and to report progress.
This position has regular and important contacts with external constituents to assess current and projected trends, develop and test plans, and evaluate PRSA’s achievements to ensure they meet objectives. These contacts have a major effect on PRSA’s ability to fulfill its strategic goals and mission, as well as its image and reputation.
This position serves as PRSA representative to high-level audiences on significant and strategic issues, using authority and expertise to influence external constituents regarding PRSA’s views.
This position oversees staff, consultants or vendors to ensure goals are met. The incumbent makes decisions regarding selection, evaluation or other personnel actions.
- MA or MBA degree in Communications and/or Marketing.
- 10+ years progressively responsible work experience in an
leadership role. Digital marketing management experience.
- Experience in both corporate/ agency and non-profit environments is preferred.
- Experience leading digital and social media campaigns.
- Experience in a role that requires strategy, planning and execution.
- Superior writing, editing and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and data driven thinker.
- Team player
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to manage multiple, high level and visible projects.
- Ability to influence peers and leaders
Must be able to travel overnight.
Apply for VP, Integrated Communications
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly