The Marketing Director is responsible for providing strategic leadership for marketing the organization’s products and services. The Director is responsible for working with department heads in creating, developing and executing a marketing plan that brands the society, its products, services and programs and meets the needs of its members through digital and traditional efforts.
This position provides vision, leadership and direct management for the development, implementation, and evaluation of marketing plans and campaigns for PRSA’s strategic and operational program initiatives.
- Work closely with senior executives to create viable business development strategies/plans.
- Prepare and manage marketing guidelines for staff and volunteers
- Compile, manage and communicate overall marketing, branding and messaging strategies for organization.
- Oversee prospect development and provide strategies for departments to increase prospect database.
- Develop and/or suggest strategies to increase online presence including SEO development.
- Oversee distribution of web and direct online marketing analytics to department heads.
- Manage Marketing Manager and other staff as determined
- Work with communications department to position and raise visibility of key products and services.
- Oversee marketing budget
Planning and Evaluation
- Recommend new products and services addressing member and non-member professional needs.
- Evaluate and sunset underperforming products and services
- Serve as an organization wide thought leader on data mining, testing and measurement, and the use of analytic tools
- Work with internal teams on evaluating new program ideas
- Monitor competitors pricing, products and services
- Create ROI reports for campaigns and services.
Program and Event Marketing
- Manage overall branding and messaging for specific products and services.
- Create program and event marketing plans and task lists
- Coordinate list management and event segmentation
- Review market research and competitive intelligence to provide direction for pricing and placement of services.
7 to 10 years of marketing experience with five years having been spent in a senior role.
Ideal candidate will be highly motivated and self-directed with excellent writing and editing skills. He or she should have substantial marketing, social media and relationship building experience at a leadership level. Candidate should be accomplished at managing projects, people and working in teams.
- Management experience and demonstrated success in working as a team member at a senior level is needed.
- Strong understanding and experience with online and print marketing.
- Ability to work cross functionally with department heads to execute strategy is required.
Apply for Director, Marketing
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly